Calculate the density of petroleum products
In order to determine with the help of this table, the density of the oil product at a given temperature, you should:
|Density at 20 °С||Temperature correction of 1 °С||Density at 20 °С||Temperature correction of 1 °С|
- found on the passport of the density of petroleum at +20 °С;
- measure the average temperature in the cargo tank;
- determine the difference between +20 °C and an average temperature of the cargo;
- on a graph of the temperature correction to find the correction of 1 °C, corresponding to the density of the product at +20 °C;
- multiply the temperature correction to the density of the temperature difference;
- obtained in Section "d" work to subtract from the density at +20 °C, if the average temperature of the oil product in the tank is above +20 °C, or add this product if the product temperature below +20 °C.
The density of petroleum product at +20 °C, according to the passport 0.8240. The temperature of mineral oil in the tank +23 °C. Determine the density of mineral oil on the table at this temperature.
- temperature difference of 23 °C − 20 °C = 3 °C;
- temperature correction of 1 °C on the table for the density of 0.8240, representing 0.000738;
- temperature correction of 3 °C: 0.000738 × 3 = 0.002214 or 0.0022 is rounded;
- required density of mineral oil at a temperature of +23 °C (amendment must be subtracted, as the temperature in the cargo tank above +20 °C), equal to 0.8240 − 0.0022 = 0.8218 or 0.8220 is rounded.
The density of petroleum at +20 °C, according to a passport, 0.7520. The temperature in the cargo tank −12 °C. Determine the density of petroleum product at this temperature.
- the temperature difference between +20 °C − (−12 °C) = 32 °C;
- temperature correction of 1 °C on the table for the density of 0.7520, representing 0.000831;
- temperature correction to 32 °C, equal to 0.000831 × 32 = 0.026592 or 0.0266 is rounded;
- required density of mineral oil at a temperature of −12 °C (the amendment should be added, as the temperature of the load in the tank below +20 °C), equal to 0.7520 + 0.0266 = 0.7786 or 0.7785 is rounded.